10 November 2013

Seoul, South Korea Trip #3: Girls Generation Hostel (Part 2)

Hello handsome men and beautiful women.

Let me continue my Seoul, South Korea trip story. Today I will introduce you to Girls Generation Hostel (GG Hostel) - we stayed here for 8 days. I will let you know why later.

The hostel is located near Eullijro 3-ga subway station. Near police station too. We're talking about safety here, girls. Haha. Even though I think Seoul is pretty safe if you want to go there alone.

The owner, Mr. Kang is really helpful and kind. Until the day we check out, if we want something like universal travel adapter, he will gladly lend it to us. If you want only one adapter, expect to receive more than one.


All the staffs are nice. Superbly nice. Especially the cleaning lady. She's not working on weekend though. But the lady only speak in Korean. I'm sure she understand a little bit English. By the way, the staffs may not speak decent English but no worries, you will understand from their action.

The area where GG Hostel located is full with printing and DIY shops. The nearest convenience store is CU store. If you walk further away, but still in walking distance, you'll find GS25 and 7 Eleven.

I'm glad that I stayed here for my first trip to South Korea because I can walk to few popular attractions. It's kind of easy if you can read the map well. I'm not good with map reading. I lost my way few times. That's why my friends got frustrated.

From GG Hostel, you can walk to Namsan-gol Hanok Village, Gwangjang Market (fabric), Myeongdong, and Cheonggyecheon. If you ask Korean people how far the place is, if the place is near, they probably will estimate it in minutes like, "3 minutes walking." Don't believe it 100% because it's all depends on your own walking pace.

Korean people walk very fast. I'm a slow walking person so 5 minutes walking distance for them is 15 - 20 minutes walking distance for me. See the difference? I experienced that on the night I asked a Korean for direction and he was so nice to show us the way by himself. That means we have to walk with him!

So we stayed in dormitory for four even though it's just three of us because we girls need a lot of space for our shopping bags. Hahaha. Nahhh, it's just because the dorm has private bathroom and it's not that spacious. Only one person can walk between the double deck beds. We got our own slipper to use in dormitory when we check in.


I can say that almost every basic things we need are provided here or maybe more than that. Comb, small towel (you can request for big towel if you want.), shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste, hairdryer and hanger. You can find bread, strawberry jam, tea, coffee, sugar, salt, chilli powder and water dispenser (hot & cold water) in pantry room.  

They even cook rice for guests. It's free! Save money on rice. You can cook in the pantry room, do laundry, and iron your clothes. Softener and laundry soap are provided too. Use it modestly though.

They have free wifi and computers in both second and third floor. By the way, GG Hostel has two floors - 2nd and 3rd floor. 2nd floor hostel's name is Bigbang Hostel. 3rd floor hostel name is Girls Generation Hostel. Yeah. Different name but still under same management. When we arrived, we go to 3rd floor to pay the 80% balance before they give room key.

Don't worry. The building has lift.




Hot and cold water




Actual price for one night is KRW60,000. We got 5% discount because we stay more than 7 days. We paid KRW57,000 per night for that room. After divide among us, each of us pay KRW19,000 (MYR66) per night per person.

No comments: