30 November 2013

Seoul, South Korea Trip #4: Myeongdong, Egg Muffin and Super Junior

Cross this road and there you see, Myeongdong is in front of you.

This is another post about my trip to Seoul last October. This is the fourth post but my first day story isn't finish yet. Can you believe that?

My friends and I check in around 12pm. We arrived earlier than that actually. It's just because we need to wait for some time for them to clean up our room.

We unpacked our bags, ate brunch, and sleep.

In our itinerary, we should go to Itaewon after checked in and rest a bit because it's Hari Raya Haji (Eid al-Adha). We want to go to the central mosque to join muslim in Korea celebrating the day.

Well, we just plan right? I barely can sleep in plane that night. When we arrived, it was raining in Seoul. I felt really cold. We sleep for a while after that. The temperature that time, I think is around 10-12 Celsius. And it is cold enough for me! How can I survive winter if I'm like this?

Around 3:30 pm, we got ready to go out. Rain stop. We headed to Myeongdong. It's less than 10 minutes walking from Girls Generation Hostel. We were very excited to look at how exactly the Myeongdong is. It's a famous place for skincare shops, food stalls and K-POP idols.

As we passed the Myeongdong cathedral, we saw something spectacular, sorry, I'm exaggerating it. There were bunch of people gathering in the centre of 4 way junction. And they looked pretty excited over something or someone because I saw few of them chasing a black car, going out from there.

I don't know anything that time. Even though I'm a fan for a group of Korean celebrities, the day I came to Korea made me forgot almost everything about them.

"Please put the money in the box and take your balance too."

We went to eat 계란빵 (Egg Muffin or Egg Bread for direct translation). One egg muffin costs KRW1,000. My friends said, there are lot cheaper around Ewha Univ. 700 won something. The muffin is good and the yolk is bit bland for me.

Then, we spontaneously entered underground shopping centre. Well, this is something unique for Korea I think because they really use their underground space. It was not a small, short shopping centre. It's a loongg shopping centre. It's like you are inside other world.

Took a picture of my friend in front of Lotte Young Plaza.


The shopping centre connected to subway station gate, other places and shopping mall. We followed signboard and suddenly we are in front of SM Popup Store in Lotte Young Plaza. We didn't even know about that!

It was Donghae, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk in the black car. Seems like they had event in Tony Moly (?) store.

from Donghae's Insta (?)

No comments: